9/08/2007

I think I'm starting to get a glimpse of it, of what life has in store, like my brother that day when I showed at the police station to pick him up, sitting there with an open cheekbone and a spit out or swallow struggle with a few loose teeth. I tried really hard to make it sound sweet when I hugged him and said "welcome to your twenties... everything gets very complicated, very fast." this was on the afternoon of his birthday, after a crash and a brawl and a police injunction propitiated by one of the countless assholes that populate this round blue earth.

well as someone put it last saturday at a pool party under the spinning monsoon, the main difference between being twenty and being thirty is... boredom. ssdd; same shit, different day. as I sat on a low wall, surrounded by fog, I took in the scene around me; there was talk about new mortgages; the right way to train the eight-month-old boxer such and such adopted with the girlfriend, cause you know, after umpteen years dating they've decided they can commit to at least that much; a roundtable on kundalini vs ayurveda on the right.

on my side, I mulled over my twelve month cigarette quit and realized that was boring, too. I'm so glad I've quit, I'm glad my dad saw me quit before his passing, quitting is good for you, the fucking peaches, personal growth, blah biddi blah,boring. I would have poked myself in the eye when I was twenty one, had I met myself. then gone on and read the rest of On The Road, and then, probably, go topple from the low wall to my death.
being as it were, I remained there and was bored and thought a lot, about would bes, has beens, ought to bes and should have beens...

top 5 new DVD on my gym's fancy new projection screen, or Scuse me While I Holler: "gay, NOT!!":
1. Great Divas of Pop (for a second I thought they had included an elton john video and almost applauded, but it turned out to actually be a video of Pink)
2. Madonna Confessions Tour
3. Beyoncé Live at Wembley
4. Gwen Stefani (yes, LIVE)
5. Metallica & San Francisco Symphonic Orchestra --for the hardcores

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home